Mediation of Elder Disputes
Elder Mediation may assist older people, their families and significant others with somewhat difficult and sensitive conversations, to develop plans and to resolve disagreements – specific outcomes that are acceptable for the older person, of which respect their rights whilst enhancing their safety.
As we grow older, our needs and roles change and ageing can impose physical and emotional stresses on elders and their loved ones. Elder Mediation provides an opportunity for the elder and all concerned parties of their family to create a plan for a more supportive future.
Common Elder Disputes
Our practice can assist in elder mediation and resolutions of the following areas:
- decisions regarding health care
- wills & estates
- living arrangements
- intergenerational co-habitation
- managing finances
- specialised needs of the elder
- conflict within the family unit
- a support person or organisational conflict
- management of progressive disability (i.e dementia)
- issues related to grandparenting
- improving standards of communication
- expected and actual standards of care
If you have any of the problems mentioned above, request a free consultation to get the process of elder mediation started.
Our elder mediation services provide benefits such as:
- enables families to develop flexible and mutually acceptable solutions to disputes
- develops communicative skills to deal with future conflict
- restore, maintain and develop relationships
- potentially prevent expensive and time-consuming litigation
- ensures respect of elders rights and dignity
- better satisfaction in result that court or tribunal determination
- provides forum for difficult discussions regarding care and estate planning
- provide a better platform for service providers to provide care when providing assistance to elder.
What are the Fees?
How do I get started?
It is really simple.